Friday, July 2, 2010

excused absence

I'm welcoming myself back to my own blog. I have been out of town for the last week or two. This week I was in Phoenix where it was 113 degrees. Wowza! Check out the fabulous resort I was paid to stay at, though. The resort and the company of one of my favorite people on the planet, more than made up for the temperature. The Scottsdale Fairmont Princess. Check it.







This weekend ought to be excellent. We get a three day weekend. We have the biggest parade west of the Mississippi and it goes right by our house! We are having a yard sale to clean out our house of junk. I bought corn on the cob and chicken and fresh peaches and I'm going to cook us up some fabulous eats. Have a wonderful Independence Day! Be sure to thank the many men and women in the military who make it possible for us to have such a wonderful weekend. I'm so proud to come from a military family who faithfully serve their country and countrymen. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I want to be paid like that. By the way, saw the photo album you put together for your dad. Sweet gift.