Wednesday, July 21, 2010

and then David Jimenez

Glad everyone likes my awesome drawings in the Paint program. I even got some phone calls about them. Ha. My computer has had mega viruses and has resorted to only allowing me to use certain programs, so while tech worked on my computer I decided I'd put drawings to my rants. I'll do some more if I get time.
Anyway, I haven't posted anything about design in a while so I thought I would post about one of my favorite designers, David Jimenez. He has a classic and manly design appeal that really resonates with me. I like his use of neutral colors and texture and subtle modern eye. Here are just a few of his designs:

















(photos courtesy of DavidJimenez.com)

I really enjoy interior design. People sometimes ask me why I don't do it for a living. I usually spout off something about just enjoying it and not being good at it or something like that, which is mostly true, but the real reason is because - and hopefully this isn't offensive - but I think I can contribute more to the world by doing other things. I also find myself becoming super materialistic when I focus on interior design too much. So I sort of try to admire it from a distance. At the most basic level I think interior designers are problem solvers and fabulous artists and I'd like to think that I am the same but just choose to do it in a different venue. I mean, did you see my drawings? Shah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your what i would call "comfortable modern style". although, some of your chairs fit me trav has a harder time with the furniture...i found the "help" page where you could add the counter of people visiting your page but it couldn't get it to actually ever load...do you know what i might be doing wrong? thanks for the lunch date and e-mail. i love you.