Monday, March 7, 2011

things I don't like and things i do

Lets talk about poop. Not actual poop cause thats kinda gross, but life poop. I'm having a lot of it right now. I promise this isn't a giant complain post but its going to start out a little like one. 17 effing days ago I got some virus. It was killing my throat and infusing my body with snot so the day after I got it I thought, I've got a lot on my plate right now so I'm going to take the day off and kick this thing. I took a sick day and slept as much as possible and went to the doctor. Yeah. The doctor. I never do that but I was bound and determined to kick it right off the bat. That was 17 days ago.
Shortly after that I started my period. Shortly after that I got some stomach bug on top of it all and started throwing up every last bit of my insides, including my stomach lining, small intestine, liver, etc. I was adamant about not missing work so eventually my husband had to come to my office and crawl under the desk to retrieve me from the little ball of a person I'd become next to my throw-up filled trashcan. Nasty and amazing all at the same time. I'm seriously married to a saint of a man.
On top of that I had my thesis due.
I turned in my thesis on Monday and figured with the stress relief I'd feel better. Then yesterday I threw up my large intestine and perhaps my femur and anything else that was left in my body. And missed another day of work.
I mean, what the hell? Come on body. Get with the damn program.
I am seriously frustrated. I've tried sleep. I've tried medication. I've tried blessings and prayers and mushy rice and Sprite and saltines and doctors and time-off and every stupid thing I can think of.
So
Yeah
Theres that.

Lets talk about happier things. How about stuff I'm diggin right now.

I've got some daffodils that I think will bloom sometime in the next week or two. I'm diggin that.

I'm diggin this picture of an office. It reminds me of some place my dad would live (though much more chic and with far fewer newspapers...) but he loves to live with stuff all around him.

I'm diggin this dress from...Talbots? Yeah. Weird. They've got some hot awesome stuff right now in their Spring Look Book. I'm wearing baggy t-shirts and sweatpants these days but someday I will wear something like this again.


I'm diggin this song from unknown artist Lelia Broussard.



I'm diggin this picture of an amazingly beautiful garden enclosure place thing.......ha. I don't know, what would you call it?

and I'm diggin being done with my thesis!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!


and in case you were wondering, 58 days.

and sorry about being complainy pants at the beginning. I just really don't like being sick.

2 comments:

Leah Stone said...

Totally didn't know you wanted to die and that you were puking up your toes. I suck as a bf. I am sorry and think you should eat ginger or drink ginger ale and saltines that always helps me. I am glad you put in the period part or else everyone would have worried you were Pregers.

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of the life poop. I'm wondering if it is possible that we caught your sick germs from 3 states away because we have been barfing up our innards as well.

Less than two months and your countdown is over, it will go fast. Hang in there! Life is mighty poopey sometimes but it never lasts.