Wednesday, January 19, 2011

sharing is caring



Just a few quick things to share today that I'm diggin' ...liiike this random picture of an old man from the sartorialist that I stole years ago because I have a strange affinity with old men...not in a weird creepy way. I'd like to think its in a sweet, admiring, and curious way perhaps - hence why I always try to dress like them. (Case in point - I own suspenders, flannel shirts, and polyester pants.)

funny side note -
One time my company was recording a video to send to one of our presenters to tell them how much we love them because they have a hard job being on the road all the time. They asked me to say a few words about my favorite presenter who was an old man named Stacy. I told them a story about how great he was and then mentioned how I have a crush on him. I meant that I had an old man crush on him but I couldn't really say that because maybe its rude to call him old. I felt myself digging my own hole and as I was on camera I tried my best to roll with it. Sooo when his team saw the tape they thought it was so funny that they kept it in and Stacy apparently got pretty embarrassed (as any cute old man would) and was super awkward around me for years. I think he thought I was trying to get all up in that. ew. gross. Anyway, for nearly 4 years my team and the training team have made fun of me about my old man fetish. Moral of the story - its okay to have secret crushes on old men but never non-secret crushes on old men. Also you have to be quite explicit about what 'crush' means. Just an fyi.

First, check out this cool new series by the BBC called Human Planet. Cooool!




Second, listen to these two songs that I love by Mumford and Sons (who I've got on repeat most days of my life right now)

this one -



and this one -



ok and I love this one too but it drops the f*** bomb so be prepared if you've got virgin ears. i think there is a version they did for a late night show that is a made for network tv with no cursin'...




Lastly, my work puts out a weekly newsletter where people write in and one of the authors addresses their question using principles we teach through our content. This week's was about career advancement and I think its good and worthy of sharing. You can check it out here if you're interested.

Hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday. I have a presidency meeting tonight with three women that I love to death. I hate meetings generally but I actually look forward to this one. They are so great to work alongside. Woohoo for awesome people!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Yes, yes, I know, I need to update my blog. I've just been too busy. But I promise you a post by the end of the week. Hopefully. :)