Monday, April 12, 2010

the Seven-Year-Olds




In our church the kids are split up according to age to be taught Sunday School. In each classroom you must have two adults. The seven-year-olds were in need of a second adult and a frantic teacher asked my husband if he would just attend the class so there would be two adults. This seemed funny (if you knew my husband and how awkward he is around kids you would understand). Reluctantly, he went into the class and it was, shall we say, spirited. The teacher was explaining the story of Jacob and Esau. He had one little boy put on a sheepskin and my husband was Isaac and he put on a blindfold to feel the difference between the two boys chosen to play Jacob and Esau. The teacher asked, "now how do you think Esau felt about Jacob?" and the one little boy playing Esau shouted, "I would throw my knife right into his testicles! Huzzah!"
My husband lost it. He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.
The teacher said, "Testicles? No, no. No one in the scriptures throws knives at people's testicles!"
I want whatever translation of the Bible that kid has though.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome!

christine said...

i have tears in my eyes just reading this! too funny

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Huh-lar-i-usss! Kids are so funny.