Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthday Week: Turning 75

I'm listening to the song 'Hey Soul Sister" by Train. If you want to listen to something similar and equally good listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCh-UoyILVc Dave Barnes, Carry Me Through and then listen to Maybe Souls by Lincoln Crockett at http://www.lincolncrockett.com/music.html or better yet, Feels So Good. Thats my favorite of his. Music was and will always be my first love. One of my favorite things is to get music from other people of artists I've never heard before. I seldom listen to the radio (except NPR) because they never play the good stuff. Do I sound like I'm 75 yet? Its only a matter of time before you discover that I'm a 75-year-old trapped in a 25-year-old's body (okay lets be honest, more like 12-year-olds body but Hey it ain't called "Little Jo Home" for no reason.) I drink out of jam jars. I reuse tin foil (uh, also I call it tin foil- meaning aluminum foil). I wash out the sealable gallon bags. I know all the lyrics to every popular song recorded before 1975. I listen to a lot of old jazz and probably my favorite story: Two years ago I asked for a Roger Whitaker CD for Christmas. No one had any idea who this man was (sings and whistles people) and when talking to my husband's grandparents (aged 70ish) they told me not only did they know who Roger was but they went to a concert of his for their FIRST DATE. Yeah, I'm cool. Anyway, I think this was all to say, I like music and Maybe Souls and Feels So Good ranks up there as some of my much enjoyed songs.

2 comments:

christine said...

i, too, only listen to NPR! the rest is just a bunch of junk. miss you lady, hope all is well out west

Tamsin said...

I know who Roger Whittaker is too, because my parents had a record of him when I was growing up!

And the only radio I ever listen to is NPR, because I get so tired of everyone shouting at me on the other stations.

And I think your blog is pretty.