Monday, July 18, 2011

when speaking to a little girl


Did you see this article titled, "How to Talk to Little Girls"?

I highly recommend it.

At the risk of sounding like a complete feminist

wait

no I don't care if I sound like one. How about feminist or not, lets start talking to little girls about more than their pretty hair and lovely dresses!

And maybe it will be fruitless.

It reminds me of when I was first put in charge of all the female adolescents in my church. I asked them to fill out a large questionnaire that asked them about activities they were interested in. Then I went through and ranked them in order of interest. These activities ranged from horseback riding to a career night, and would you guess what? Not one dang girl circled anything about careers, education, colleges, etc. And would you guess what else? Every freaking one of them circled the hair and makeup night.

so

yeah.

I get it. Teenage girls aren't that interested in expanding the confines of their mind. So, too, may little girls not be interested in discussing books or anything beyond barbies and bows.

But lets try.

And you know what? I think they enjoyed the career night.

3 comments:

Leah Stone said...

Loved your post so much I had to comment on it and add it to my blog. You rock and it is not cause you are pretty it is because you are damn smart. Go us with our bad selfs and Master Degrees!

http://paulandleah-stone.blogspot.com/2011/07/being-girl-and-turning-year-older.html

mcshytee said...

top article aaa replica bags useful site gucci replica More Help aaa replica bags

Unknown said...

e9t75e4g76 h1x33y8p03 t0m42p8q59 o6y99s7z39 c8f59k0d95 g8r08v5d50