Tuesday, May 31, 2011

phoenix and l.a.

(Map of Los Angeles, 1917)

Well its been a crazy couple of weeks. I flew down to Phoenix almost two weeks ago and spent a few days visiting my favorite little person. My husband and my dad drove down the next day and got to spend some time with her as well. Then we drove back together and toured the Grand Canyon and Zions National Park. We also took a tour of the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT. It was one of the happiest places I've ever been. I'm a huge fan of this non-profit. They do incredible things for animals and the three of us would've been content to stay there forever petting cats and dogs and horses...
This past weekend Doug and I flew out to Los Angeles to tour UCLA and USC and to get an idea of what our life will/might/would look like if/when we move out there. Both campuses were incredible and I think we got a good idea of life in LA. I think we both solidified in our mind how much we don't want to move out there BUT I think we will still go if we still feel like its the right thing for our family.
So now we are back for the summer and beginning some more craziness. I'm doing my first official training in 3 weeks for work. Doug is beginning a GRE prep course. We are having another yard sale in about two weeks. I've got youth conference and girls camp and our little ward girls camp and we are trying to get a few more house projects finished this summer...all while trying to relax and have an easy, chill summer. Ha! I think I suck at relaxing. I'm going to work on that.

No comments: